The Village of
Mount Sterling Water Rules
1. Meters are read monthly commencing on or about the 15th day of the month, weather permitting.
2. Bills are delivered on or about the first day of the month.
3. Due date for the bills is the 15th day of each month. If the 15th falls on a scheduled holiday or weekend, then the due date shall be the following work day.
4. Bills not paid by the 15th day of the billing month shall be deemed delinquent and will be subject to a 10% penalty.
5. If any bill is not paid by the 15th day of the month, the water will be shut off the next business day without further notice. The village will attempt to notify the owner if the tenant has not paid by the 15th of the month.
6. Payments received after 2:00 p.m. will be credited to the following business day.
7. When the water is turned off because of a delinquent account, it shall not be turned back on until all delinquencies are paid in full, together with an "off and on" fee of $50.00 during business hours, $75.00 after hours.
8. Tenants: It is the owner's reposnibility to let the village know when a tenant is moving in or out of the premises.
9. When the tenant moves out the account will be closed only after a final reading of the meter.
10. Delinquent owner(s) owing delinquencies shall be denied further application for water and sewer services until all delinquencies and penalties are paid in full.
11. Bills are delivered by the United States Postal Office, as a matter of convenience to the owner or consumer. Failure to receive a bill shall not relieve any person(s) from their obligation in payment of such bills.
For a complete list of water/sewer rules see Ordinance 2012-16.
This is a picture of the current water plant for the village.
Coming in 2017 - The village's new Water Plant
1 S. London St. Mt. Sterling, Ohio 43143
Village Administrator, John Martin addressed village Council members on the current state of the village water issues. Mr. Martin contacted JR Mason from Plain City who specializes in the type of systems we use in Mt. Sterling.
1. Is repair of the aerator tower. That tower solidifies the iron making it more conducive to removal in the clarifiers. It will be taken apart and essential components replaced for a cost of $5,775.00. That work will take 4 to 5 days.
2. Empty, clean and repair the two clarifiers. Village staff can do this work in preparation for Mason to repair the mixers and scrapers in the clarifiers. Depending on the condition in which we find the mechanisms, it will be up to about $12,500.00 for each. This work will take several days on our part and likely several days on Mason's part. This can be done one at a time, leaving the other in service.
3. We will also need to pump out any residue in the stabilizer tank where the PH level is adjusted in the process. Village staff will perform this work.
We feel that these steps will get the water quality up to an estimate level of 85-90% of perfect-that is an estimate but certainly better than where we are presently.
Waste Water Treatment Plant:
The equalization tanks have been converted to storm water overflow capture in compliance with an EPA directive. We had WD Farms transport 157,000 gallons of waste to London to process. The tanks were then washed by the fire department and that residual was push back through the plant.
We cleaned the waste press and have it back in service. We will see how well it keeps up with our waste output of about 5000-7000 gallons.
We are looking into a plan to transport output up to London in the event it out paces our ability to handle it in house. That will involve possible purchase of a tanker truck that could hold about 5000 gallons.
Village Workers working on the old Water Treatment Plant
A look at the new water plant.