The Village of Mount Sterling Water Rules
1. Meters are read monthly commencing on or about the 15th day of the month, weather permitting.
2. Bills are delivered on or about the first day of the month.
3. Due date for the bills is the 15th day of each month. If the 15th falls on a scheduled holiday or weekend, then the due date shall be the following work day.
4. Bills not paid by the 15th day of the billing month shall be deemed delinquent and will be subject to a 10% penalty.
5. If any bill is not paid by the 15th day of the month, the water will be shut off the next business day without further notice. The village will attempt to notify the owner if the tenant has not paid by the 15th of the month.
6. Payments received after 2:00 p.m. will be credited to the following business day.
7. When the water is turned off because of a delinquent account, it shall not be turned back on until all delinquencies are paid in full, together with an "off and on" fee of $50.00 during business hours, $75.00 after hours.
8. Tenants: It is the owner's reposnibility to let the village know when a tenant is moving in or out of the premises.
9. When the tenant moves out the account will be closed only after a final reading of the meter.
10. Delinquent owner(s) owing delinquencies shall be denied further application for water and sewer services until all delinquencies and penalties are paid in full.
11. Bills are delivered by the United States Postal Office, as a matter of convenience to the owner or consumer. Failure to receive a bill shall not relieve any person(s) from their obligation in payment of such bills.
For a complete list of water/sewer rules see Ordinance 2012-16.